Chairman, Department of Pain Management, Cleveland Clinic
Past-President, American Society of Regional Anesthesia (ASRA)
Past Chair, ASA Committee on Pain Medicine
Past Chair, American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) Pain Medicine Examination Committee
Member, American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) Committee on Economics
Richard W. Rosenquist, MD was appointed Chairman of the Department of Pain Management in the Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic in July 2011. Dr. Rosenquist came to Cleveland Clinic from the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, where he served as Professor of Anesthesiology and Director of the Pain Medicine Division.
Dr. Rosenquist received his medical degree in 1984 from Northwestern University in Chicago, where he continued his residency training. He completed a fellowship in Regional Anesthesia/Pain and Critical Care at Grady Memorial Hospital/Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, and joined the faculty there. He returned to Chicago in 1990 as an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Director, Acute Pain Control Service and Director, Center for Pain Management and Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Illinois, College of Medicine before moving to Iowa in 1997.
Dr. Rosenquist is a Past-President of the American Society of Regional Anesthesia (ASRA), has served on the ASRA Board of Directors, and is a member of the ASA Committee on Economics.
Dr. Rosenquist’s areas of interest include myofascial pain, CRPS/RSD, neuropathic pain, cancer pain, sports-related pain, low back pain, acute postoperative pain, regional anesthesia and analgesia.
Previous Neurovations Presentations
2017 Kaua’i Pain Conference
- Horlocker, T. T., Wedel, D. J., Rowlingson, J. C., Enneking, F. K., Kopp, S. L., Benzon, H. T., … & Tryba, M. (2010). Regional anesthesia in the patient receiving antithrombotic or thrombolytic therapy: American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Evidence-Based Guidelines.
- Horlocker, T. T., Wedel, D. J., Benzon, H., Brown, D. L., Enneking, K. F., Heit, J. A., … & Yuan, C. S. (2003). Regional anesthesia in the anticoagulated patient: defining the risks (the second ASRA Consensus Conference on Neuraxial Anesthesia and Anticoagulation). Regional anesthesia and pain medicine, 28(3), 172-197.
- Chou, R., Loeser, J. D., Owens, D. K., Rosenquist, R. W., Atlas, S. J., Baisden, J., … & Stanos, S. P. (2009). Interventional therapies, surgery, and interdisciplinary rehabilitation for low back pain: an evidence-based clinical practice guideline from the American Pain Society. Spine, 34(10), 1066-1077.
- Chou, R., Atlas, S. J., Stanos, S. P., & Rosenquist, R. W. (2009). Nonsurgical interventional therapies for low back pain: a review of the evidence for an American Pain Society clinical practice guideline. Spine, 34(10), 1078-1093.
- Hadzic, A., Arliss, J., Kerimoglu, B., Karaca, P. E., Yufa, M., Claudio, R. E., … & Thys, D. M. (2004). A comparison of infraclavicular nerve block versus general anesthesia for hand and wrist day-case surgeries. Anesthesiology: The Journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, 101(1), 127-132.
- Di Gregorio, G., Neal, J. M., Rosenquist, R. W., & Weinberg, G. L. (2010). Clinical presentation of local anesthetic systemic toxicity: a review of published cases, 1979 to 2009, American Society of Anesthesiologists.