Ramamurthy Endowed Professor; Vice Chair for Clinical Research. Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine, Pain Medicine Fellowship, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Maxim S. Eckmann, MD, joins the Napa Pain Conference and is a Ramamurthy Endowed Professor and Vice-Chair for Clinical Research in Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA). He has served on faculty since 2008, becoming the Director of Pain Medicine in 2011. Dr. Eckmann is active in post-graduate education as the UTHSCSA Pain Medicine Fellowship Program Director, as a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) Pain and Regional Anesthesia Education Track Committees, and as an Oral Board Examiner for the American Board of Anesthesiologist (ABA). Additionally he holds significant roles in administration, quality improvement, and research.
Dr. Eckmann is the 2020-2022 President of the Texas Pain Society.
- Walsh, N. E., & Eckmann, M. (2012). Injection procedures. In DeLisa’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Principles and Practice: Fifth Edition (pp. 1815-1874). Wolters Kluwer Health Adis (ESP).
- Walsh, N. E., Santa Maria, D., & Eckmann, M. (2012). Treatment of the patient with chronic pain. In DeLisa’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Principles and Practice: Fifth Edition (pp. 1273-1318). Wolters Kluwer Health Adis (ESP).
- Eckmann, M. S., Ramamurthy, S., & Griffin, J. G. (2011). Intravenous regional ketorolac and lidocaine in the treatment of complex regional pain syndrome of the lower extremity: a randomized, double-blinded, crossover study. The Clinical journal of pain, 27(3), 203-206.
- Eckmann, M. S., Martinez, M. A., Lindauer, S., Khan, A., & Ramamurthy, S. (2015). Radiofrequency ablation near the bone-muscle interface alters soft tissue lesion dimensions.
- Eckmann, M. S., Bickelhaupt, B., Fehl, J., Benfield, J. A., Curley, J., Rahimi, O., & Nagpal, A. S. (2017). Cadaveric study of the articular branches of the shoulder joint.