Director of Pain Management, Ventura County Medical Center
Dr. George Chang Chien specializes in musculoskeletal medicine and comprehensive pain management. He was trained in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and Northwestern University, and completed fellowship training in comprehensive pain medicine at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Anesthesiology Institute. Dr. Chang Chien has authored over 65 manuscripts on the diagnosis and treatment of pain and musculoskeletal conditions.
Dr. Chang Chien specializes in regenerative medicine with expertise in platelet rich plasma (PRP), bone marrow aspiration for stem cells (BMAC), and adipose derived stem cells (ADSC). He is also an expert in comprehensive pain management, non-surgical orthopedics, and functional restoration.
Sessions at Neurovations Events
2017 Napa Pain Conference
2018 Evidence-Based Regenerative Medicine
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Adding or Building a Regenerative Medicine Practice
2019 Kaua’i Pain Conference
- McCormick, Z., Chang-Chien, G., Marshall, B., Huang, M., & Harden, R. N. (2014). Phantom limb pain: a systematic neuroanatomical-based review of pharmacologic treatment. Pain Medicine, 15(2), 292-305.
- Mathur, S. N., Chu, S. K., McCormick, Z., Chien, G. C. C., & Marciniak, C. M. (2014). Long-term intrathecal baclofen: outcomes after more than 10 years of treatment. PM&R, 6(6), 506-513.
- Chien, G. C. C., & McCormick, Z. (2017). Glossopharyngeal neuralgia. In Treatment of Chronic Pain Conditions (pp. 123-125). Springer, New York, NY.