Director for the Center for Regenerative Medicine, Southern California University
Director of Pain Management, Ventura County Medical Center
George Chang Chien, DO specializes in musculoskeletal medicine and comprehensive pain management. He was trained in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and Northwestern University, and completed fellowship training in comprehensive pain medicine at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Anesthesiology Institute.
Dr. Chang Chien specializes in regenerative medicine with expertise in platelet rich plasma (PRP), bone marrow aspiration for stem cells (BMAC), and adipose derived stem cells (ADSC). He is also an expert in comprehensive pain management, non-surgical orthopedics, and functional restoration.
Dr. Chang Chien has authored over 65 manuscripts on the diagnosis and treatment of pain and musculoskeletal conditions.
Recent Sessions at Neurovations Events
- Regenerative Medicine: Bone Marrow Aspirate (BMAC) vs. Adipose Derived Stem Cells (ADSC)
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: The Evidence and Mechanisms of Action
2018 Evidence-Based Regenerative Medicine
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Adding or Building a Regenerative Medicine Practice
2017 Napa Pain Conference
- Regenerative Medicine Pre-Conference Workshop
- McCormick, Z., Chang-Chien, G., Marshall, B., Huang, M., & Harden, R. N. (2014). Phantom limb pain: a systematic neuroanatomical-based review of pharmacologic treatment. Pain Medicine, 15(2), 292-305.
- Mathur, S. N., Chu, S. K., McCormick, Z., Chien, G. C. C., & Marciniak, C. M. (2014). Long-term intrathecal baclofen: outcomes after more than 10 years of treatment. PM&R, 6(6), 506-513.
- Chien, G. C. C., & McCormick, Z. (2017). Glossopharyngeal neuralgia. In Treatment of Chronic Pain Conditions (pp. 123-125). Springer, New York, NY.