Program Director, Pain Medicine Fellowship
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Rush Medical College
Director, Section of Pain Medicine, Rush University Medical Center
Medical Director, University Pain Physicians, LLC
Timothy Lubenow, MD has practiced interventional pain management for over 31 years. Dr. Lubenow received his medical degree in 1983 from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He completed his anesthesiology residency and pain medicine fellowship at Rush University Medical Center
Dr. Lubenow is the recipient of many awards including:
- Selected “The Best Doctors in America” 2003-2018
- Selected ” Chicago Super Doctors 2013″ , and “Chicago Top Doctors 2014, 2015, 2016”
- Distinguished Service Award Illinois Society of Anesthesiologists 2013
- Patients’ Choice Award” by PatientsChoice.org. 2012,
- 70 of the Best Pain Management Physicians in America Beckers ASC Review 2011
- U.S. News Top Doctors, selected by U.S. News Media Group 2011
- Castle Connolly Guide to “Top Doctors in the Nation” New York Times 2010
- Editorial Board, Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, 2015 – Present
- Editorial Board, Pain Physician, 2008 – 2014
- Consulting Reviewer, Neuromodulation, 2007 – 2013
- Editorial Board, The Pain Journal Club Journal, 1995 – 2000
- Consulting Reviewer, The Clinical Journal of Pain, 1991 – 1996
- Harden, R. N., Bruehl, S., Perez, R. S., Birklein, F., Marinus, J., Maihofner, C., … & Mogilevski, M. (2010). Validation of proposed diagnostic criteria (the “Budapest Criteria”) for complex regional pain syndrome. Pain, 150(2), 268-274.
- Buvanendran, A., Kroin, J. S., Tuman, K. J., Lubenow, T. R., Elmofty, D., Moric, M., & Rosenberg, A. G. (2003). Effects of perioperative administration of a selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitor on pain management and recovery of function after knee replacement: a randomized controlled trial. Jama, 290(18), 2411-2418.
- van Eijs, F., Stanton‐Hicks, M., Van Zundert, J., Faber, C. G., Lubenow, T. R., Mekhail, N., … & Huygen, F. (2011). 16. Complex regional pain syndrome. Pain practice, 11(1), 70-87.
- Bruehl, S., Husfeldt, B., Lubenow, T. R., Nath, H., & Ivankovich, A. D. (1996). Psychological differences between reflex sympathetic dystrophy and non-RSD chronic pain patients. Pain, 67(1), 107-114.
- Levine, L. A., Matkov, T. G., & Lubenow, T. R. (1996). Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord: a surgical alternative in the treatment of chronic orchialgia. The Journal of urology, 155(3), 1005-1007.
- Lubenow, T. R., Faber, L. P., McCarthy, R. J., Hopkins, E. M., Warren, W. H., & Ivankovich, A. D. (1994). Postthoracotomy pain management using continuous epidural analgesia in 1,324 patients. The Annals of thoracic surgery, 58(4), 924-930.