Program Director, Pain Management Fellowship, UC Davis Health
Scott G. Pritzlaff, MD is an interventional pain specialist at University of California, Davis. He currently serves as a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Program Director for the Pain Medicine Fellowship. After graduating from medical school at Georgetown University, he spent five years on active duty as a Naval physician. He completed his internship at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. From 2008-2010, he deployed twice to Iraq and Afghanistan with the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing in support of coalition combat operations. He then finished anesthesiology training at the Massachusetts General Hospital followed by a clinical pain management fellowship at Stanford.
Dr. Pritzlaff’s research interests focus on use of ultrasound and emerging technologies to treat peripheral neuropathic pain. He is interested in developing novel uses of percutaneous peripheral nerve stimulation to treat chronic nerve pain.
Sessions at Neurovations Events
- Miroslawa T. Jasinska Pediatric Anesthesia Award; Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine; Massachusetts General Hospital, 2014
- Donald P. Todd Pain Center Resident Award: Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine; Massachusetts General Hospital, 2013
- Navy Commendation Medal: awarded for exemplary service during tour as U.S. Naval flight surgeon, 2011
- Richard E. Luehrs Award, United States Navy Operational Flight Surgeon of the Year, 2009
- Bridget Faucet MacNamara Award: outstanding medical student in anesthesia, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2005
- Singh N, DeMesa C, Pritzlaff S, Jung M, Green C. Implementation of Virtual Multiple Mini-Interviews for Fellowship Recruitment. Pain Med. 2021 Apr 19:pnab141. doi: 10.1093/pm/pnab141. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33871655; PMCID: PMC8083225.
- Jung MJ, Pritzlaff SG. Peripheral Nerve Stimulation of Complex Upper Extremity Amputation Pain May Be Variable. A A Pract. 2021 Apr 1;15(4):e01441. doi: 10.1213/XAA.0000000000001441. PMID: 33793432.
- Hanyu-Deutmeyer A, Pritzlaff SG. Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for the 21st Century: Sural, Superficial Peroneal, and Tibial Nerves. Pain Med. 2020 Aug 1;21(Suppl 1):S64-S67. doi: 10.1093/pm/pnaa202. PMID: 32804232.
- Jung MJ, Pritzlaff SG. Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for Treatment of Severe Refractory Upper Extremity Post-Amputation Pain. Neuromodulation. 2020 Jul 30. doi: 10.1111/ner.13246. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32734623.