- This event has passed.
Thursday, August 26, 2021
8:00 am – 5:30 pm | Up to 8.0 CME Credits
While the term “regenerative medicine” is an umbrella term that encompasses multiple therapeutics, the mechanisms behind their reparative properties are quite different.
Learn how these mechanisms can be applied for pain management and enhanced recovery from musculoskeletal injury.
Stand-alone$645 Join Evidence-Based Regenerative Medicine as a single-day attendee
Workshop Add-on$545 Save when combining the workshop with registration to the Napa Pain Conference
Register as a stand-alone event or save $100 when you add the workshop to a conference registration.
- Fox, L. E., Shen, J., Ma, K., Liu, Q., Shi, G., Pappas, G. D., … & Cheng, J. (2010). Membrane properties of neuron-like cells generated from adult human bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem cells and development, 19(12), 1831-1841.
- Murphy, M. B., Moncivais, K., & Caplan, A. I. (2013). Mesenchymal stem cells: environmentally responsive therapeutics for regenerative medicine. Experimental & molecular medicine, 45(11), e54.
- Kern, S., Eichler, H., Stoeve, J., Klüter, H., & Bieback, K. (2006). Comparative analysis of mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow, umbilical cord blood, or adipose tissue. Stem cells, 24(5), 1294-1301.
- Watts, M. J., & Linch, D. C. (2016). Optimisation and quality control of cell processing for autologous stem cell transplantation. British journal of haematology, 175(5), 771-783.
- James, K. (1990). Interactions between cytokines and α2-macroglobulin. Immunology today, 11, 163-166.
- LaMarre, J., Wollenberg, G. K., Gonias, S. L., & Hayes, M. A. (1991). Cytokine binding and clearance properties of proteinase-activated alpha 2-macroglobulins. Laboratory investigation; a journal of technical methods and pathology, 65(1), 3-14.
- Dhurat, R., & Sukesh, M. S. (2014). Principles and methods of preparation of platelet-rich plasma: a review and author’s perspective. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 7(4), 189.
- Antal, A., Terney, D., Kühnl, S., & Paulus, W. (2010). Anodal transcranial direct current stimulation of the motor cortex ameliorates chronic pain and reduces short intracortical inhibition. Journal of pain and symptom management, 39(5), 890-903.
- Fregni, F., Boggio, P. S., Lima, M. C., Ferreira, M. J., Wagner, T., Rigonatti, S. P., … & Nitsche, M. A. (2006). A sham-controlled, phase II trial of transcranial direct current stimulation for the treatment of central pain in traumatic spinal cord injury. Pain, 122(1-2), 197-209.
- Lefaucheur, J. P., Antal, A., Ahdab, R., de Andrade, D. C., Fregni, F., Khedr, E. M., … & Paulus, W. (2008). The use of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) and transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) to relieve pain. Brain stimulation, 1(4), 337-344.